Thursday, April 25, 2013

Things I haven't done

A list of things that I need to mentally prepare myself for:
-Flying on an airplane
believe it or not but I have never been on an airplane in my life, my first time will be the 8-10 hour plane ride all the way to Germany (and I am kind of nervous)
-Moving out of my house
I've lived in the same house my entire life, went to the same school with all of the same people since we were babies
-Learning German language
I only know how to speak English, and some Spanish that could get me by. I've been using duolingo.com to help me practice German, and I can't make it off of level 1. I have a friend named Carolin, she lived here last year on the CBYX program and she's going to help me learn some German before my arrival to Germany.
Hopefully when I'm in Germany I get to see her.

Although I feel like I'm going into Germany almost "blind" if you say because I know nothing, and everything that will be happening is going to be completely different I feel as if I'm prepared for the change, the challenges and the emotional roller coaster that will come along with leaving everything that I have ever known good-bye for a full year.

I plan to grow on this experience because not many people get to experience this, and I will not take it for granted  I'm forever grateful for this experience that will happen soon enough.

I have a busy couple of months before departure; Senior project presentation, graduation, work, work, work, practice german, all of the conference calls and orientations I will have to attend, graduation/goodbye party, along with spending time with my family and friends before I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment